If you’re in Internet Marketing and you haven’t started using Twitter yet, there’s one very important question you need to ask yourself,
“What in the world are you waiting for?”
Twitter has hit the mainstream in a BIG way and users are joining in a constant basis. There are a lot of things you can do with this micro-blogging tool.
What Is Microblogging?
Microblogging is the ability to post short updates of typically less than 200 characters. Twitter’s character limit is 140 and that includes spaces. You’ve got a little bit of space but it can make a big hit in terms of success.
Twitter asks the simple question, “What are you doing?” but the way you use the tool can help you in a lot of different ways.
How Do I Use Twitter For Internet Marketing?
• Find followers that might be interested in what you’re selling by searching Twitter based on keywords that relate to your niche. You can find people talking about what you’re selling and by following them, they might visit your profile and click on your URL which could lead to their buying your product.
• Provide helpful information to people so that they’ll consider subscribing to your list, re-tweeting the tweets you send, and by recommending you to others.
• Improve the SEO for your site and your Internet Marketing activities by posting Twitter updates that link to the things you’ve done online such as articles posted, press releases, blog entries, HubPages, etcetera.
• Promote products indirectly by posting links to blogs and articles that pre-sell a product you’re selling or contain advertisements to products you want to sell.
• Promote products directly. You can even put affiliate links in your tweets (although this type of direct twitter selling isn’t really recommended as it could make you look like a spammer). You could put a product you’re selling in your profile URL, though and if you become popular on Twitter, someone might decide to check out your link.
• Meet other internet marketers through Twitter and get information or even start a joint venture with someone.
Twitter is increasing in popularity on a constant basis. If you weren’t an early adopter, it’s still not too late to get in on the action and benefit from it.
There are all sorts of online tools that can help you organise twitter on the go, using it for data mining that can help you with your business, not to mention the fact that it’s fun and very entertaining as well. If you’re into Internet Marketing, this online water cooler can definitely reduce the seclusion factor of working alone at home.
New Twitter applications are being created on a regular basis that help people get more use out of it and more businesses than ever are benefiting from using Twitter.
The best thing to do is get started and see how you can use it. Spending just a few minutes a day “tweeting” could net you some great results.