Links to your site can do a lot for your search engine marketing efforts. They provide a stream of traffic both from people and from search engines.
A linking strategy is vital for being found online and there are many ways to get plenty of links pointing to your site. They count as a vote for your site from a popularity and relevancy perspective and they can direct people who want to buy whatever it is that you’re selling.
The list below will show you how to effectively Get More Backlinks to your website, which will give you some great SEO benefits.
How Do You Get More Backlinks
• Social bookmarking – For everything you do online, you should bookmark it. You may have your favourite bookmarking sites like Stumbleupon or Delicious, or you may have a strategy whereby you use different sites for different purposes. Bookmarks bring you people and they bring you search engine rankings for your desired keywords. Use keywords and use tags when you bookmark to improve the results!
• Microblogging – Adding your links as part of your Twittering, Plurking, Facebook status updates, etc will point links to your site that bring you people and search engine bots.
• Article marketing – Creating articles pre-sells people on your product and points search engines to your site regarding your topic.
• Linking to authority sites could get you backlinks. Add links to authority sites on your articles and blogs and not only may those other sites link back to you, but if you’re linking to a site with authority it elevates your site’s relevancy to your niche in the eyes of search engines.
• Comment on blogs related to your niche. The blog’s readers might visit you and subscribe to you and the search engines will notice the connection, blog commenting is a great way to Get More Backlinks quite easily.
• RSS feeds are great. Submit your feeds to feed directories for extra traffic.
• Press releases – Write press releases related to your product launches and submit them for publications.
• Make videos for YouTube and other video sites and link back to your site.
• Answer questions related to your niche on answer sites and use your link in the resource section.
• Blogroll exchanges – Blogroll sites relevant to your niche and ask those sites to do the same.
• Start a meme – A blog meme is like a chain letter. If you get people to participate, ask them to link back to you. Participate in existing memes as well and others will link to you.
• Post on forums and put your link in your signature. Every post you put on the forum will give you a backlink.
• Buy links – Not everyone does this and seach engines don’t look on it favourably but you may find a perfect blog with a high ranking for a keyword that you would like to be listed on. The blog owner may be willing to give or sell you a permalink on their site.
• Guest posting – Offer to write a high quality and relevant guest post on popular blogs or sites in your niche for a link back to your site. Most site owners are hungry for content and because they can derive revenue from your post, they may be more than happy to let you post on their site for free.
The more links you get from high quality sites, the better it is for your SEO and the more chances of driving targeted human traffic to your site. Hopefully this article has given you plenty of ideas to create your own strategies to Get More Backlinks to your website.