Are you ready to join the world of Web 2.0 marketing and create online video content promoting your e-commerce site? Congratulations! This is a great form of marketing that has the potential to go viral, but only if you do it right.
Making videos is easy, but Making Viral Videos can be a little more challenging, look over these tips to ensure your video is a powerful promotional tool and does not become a waste of time and money.
Decide On Your Video Content
Take some time to figure out what you want to convey to potential customers with your video footage. Are you trying to sell your products? Do you want to show how our company is different than others?
Perhaps you want to showcase particular advantages of doing business with your company. Maybe you just started your e-commerce site and want to introduce your company and tell visitors more about what you offer.
All of these are good ideas for promotion of your website. The specifics of your particular business and the goals you wish to achieve will determine what type of content you film.
What To Include
There are two main types of e-commerce websites: those that sell products, and those that sell services. Let’s take a look at how each of these types of online business can create a video effective for promotion.
Video Marketing – Products
• Film someone using the product and showing the various applications. The more unique you can make this, the more compelling it will be. Consider adding a bit of humour, if appropriate.
• Piece together clips of customer testimonials. It means more to potential customers to hear about the benefits of a product when it comes from real people. Ask your current clients for permission to film them at their place of business to clearly show they are not a paid spokesperson.
• Tell a story. Show a person who represents your typical customer facing a problem of some sort then show how your product solves that problem.
• Artists or authors can give viewers an idea of how they go through the creative process; what particular instance or idea sparked your latest work?
• Is your business eco-friendly? Show viewers how you accomplish this.
Video Marketing – Services
• Film your team at work. Show the viewer a typical day in the life of your business associates and how they work with clients to provide a valuable service.
• Create a video that shows how and why you built your business. Include the actual physical location and portray the changes that have occurred as the company grew. Talk about your visions, goals, and mission statement.
• Make an informative video that answers frequently asked questions about the service you provide.
• Is your service design-based? Show the process by which you match your clients’ goals with an appropriate design.
The secret to Making Viral Videos is your content. Give viewers something to talk about. The use of humour can go a long way. Beautiful scenery, interesting conversation, and hard to find information, are all ways to make sure your video is not considered spam and will be shared across the internet.