Article Marketing is a fantastic way to increase your online success. It does several things for an internet marketer:
• Pre-sells potential customers on a product you’d like to sell them.
• Establishes you as a subject matter expert.
• Sends traffic to your website.
• Increases the number of links pointing to your website which could increase your SEO rankings overall.
A lot of Article Marketing sites exist that will let you place your high quality article on their site in exchange for a linked resource box pointing back to your site. Some of these sites even offer revenue sharing so you can make money while your article brings you traffic.
Various sites exist with varying rules and popularity. Here are some tips to help you maximise your Article Marketing potential:
• Keyword research – Optimise your articles for desired keywords. There are a lot of free keyword search tools that you can use to help you determine which keywords to put in your article so that the article will rank well in search engines.
• High quality content – No one will want to read your article, click your links, or post the article on their website if it’s not a good read. Take the time to craft a well-written article that provides value to the reader and you’ll increase your click-through rate and your chances of the article getting both approved as well as picked up for syndication.
• Make the article available for syndication – For many article sites, you can allow others to reprint your article provided that they give you credit as the author and keep your links in tact. This can work out very well for you because it can bring your site more traffic via search engines and the people that read the article on the site that published it could also click back to your site to learn more.
• Write a great resource box – Use keywords as your anchor text to help the site you’re pointing to underneath that keyword rank well for it and entice the person reading that article to visit your website to learn more.
• Write for more than one directory – While there are a top few article directories that a lot of the traffic, there are lesser known ones as well. You’ll find several dozen article directories if you go on a quest to find them! Write for the top ones but also consider re-writing your article with a slightly different slant and submitting it to other directories as well. You can get a lot of mileage with a well-written article!
• If the article site provides a profile for you as an author, make sure you use it. Many of these sites rank very well in search engines so potential customers of yours who do a bit of investigating of your online reputation while trying to decide whether or not they plan to buy something from you could come across your professional article profiles online and this could help you make more sales.
• Most of all, tease the reader! Write just enough to provide value but leave enough to the imagination that they’ll want to click your link to learn more! This will help you sell more products and make money!
How Often Should You Submit To Article Directories?
As often as you can! Use these articles to point back to your main website to various landing pages and sales pages, and to point back to blogs and other Web 2.0 sites.
Don’t forget to use the feature on some of these sites that update your microblogging profiles when your new articles are published for additional self-promotion!