Testimonials are a great thing for any online business. Something that most people who are interested in buying do, is look at testimonials to see what others have said. You may create a testimonials page for your website, add testimonials into the design of the site, or you may utilise them via text and / or video for your landing pages, as part of your sales copy as well.
Obtaining great testimonials can make a difference to your online success. Here are some tips on how to get testimonials from your customers and contacts…
How To Get Testimonials – Some Tips
• Ask end users. When you process an order, ask the purchaser to write back with a customer testimonial. It wouldn’t hurt to include a survey about the product with the shipment or contact them later on through a follow-up email to ask for their opinion and permission to publish their answers.
• Ask people in the industry. If you ask people who have a name in your industry for testimonials, this can be helpful to you. If there are ‘celebrities’ that you can approach and know they’d have street credit in your niche market, don’t hesitate to ask them to review your product. A review copy could result in increased sales.
• Offer review copies to people who may be able to help you. If you’re selling an e-book, you can give out a few copies in exchange for a product review. If you’re selling a physical product, you can offer a discount or rebate as an incentive for a testimonial.
• Call in favours. Do you have peers that could help you? It sure would be beneficial to have reviews that are eager to be testifying that your product is “just brilliant and does everything it advertises to do”. Don’t hesitate to ask for help.
• Offer a discount on a future order for a creative testimonial, such as a video, which could help you get more credit. When people can watch a testimonial rather than read it, it’s even more believable.
• Produce a great product and offer outstanding customer service. If you do this, people will probably offer their testimonials.
• Create a testimonial submission page on your website. You can do this much like a contact page but go ahead and publish the results. (Do be sure to moderate them before publishing, though.)
Avoid Fake Testimonials
Some internet marketers do create fake testimonials, but it doesn’t really do anything for them, or their online reputation. It’s much better if you can link back to a photo of a real person or a website that’s clickable and belongs to someone. If there are online reviews of your product off your site, don’t hesitate to link to them as well.
Dealing With Negative Testimonials
Negative reviews are something no one really wants but if you get them, you can use them as an opportunity to improve. Improve your product, your customer service, or your customer’s experience. Isn’t it better to know what’s wrong rather than wonder why sales fall flat?
Hopefully this article has given you some food for thought on how to get testimonials and apply them to your internet business in order increase your bottom line and give your future customers peace of mind. If you have any strategies or ideas on generating testimonials that have worked for you, feel free to add them in the comments below.